Saturday, January 23, 2010

She is finally here!

I messed up and my writing is bleow the pictures...but here are my kiddos!




So my baby girl is finally here. She is now 10 days old and as beautiful as ever! It was an interesting 10 days though. Long story short...I had to have a D&C yesterday. Was still having lots of pain that I shouldn't have had and by Friday at lunch we finally figured out why. Don't fret though...everyone is well. I am very tired and a little sore but my babies are good!


Since I wrote the above, she is now 13 days old and is growing like a weed. Had her two-week check-up today and doc said they like for them to be back to birth weight by this time. Well, she has surpassed that by 7 oz...could be the 4 oz of milk she drinks every 3 hours!!! Fortunately, that is formula since I am on antibiotics at this time. And to add to that..I am pumping because I do want to nurse...this may be more info than you want to know so you may want to stop reading but if you don't...I am using an electric pump for the time being. If you have never used one or you have never seen one...they made this humming noise. My two-year old son found it one day and turned it on. He then proceeded to drive the handles and make car noises. Wait...it gets better. Then he tried doing the same thing again...WHILE I WAS USING IT!!!!!! Wait...it gets even better. Then one day as I was finishing up, he pulled up his shirt and said "Do mine, mommy, do mine!" So now when I am pumping, I try to lock him out of my room. It is amazing what a 2-year-old can pick up on.



Back to baby girl, doc said her hips feel a little loose but nothing to be worried about. She goes back in two weeks to check up on that again. If still loose, then we can worry...or at least I will. Still have to keep her out of the public until shots at 2 months. He did say that she can have them at 6 weeks if need be...but I think I may want to stay home longer. Have to consult hubby first.



I hope you are all having a blessed day and week. Here are some photos.






4 comments:

Rebecca said...

great post - love the story about the pump and the boy - hilarious!!!! and your baby girl is beautiful

love ya

The Schubey Shack said...

could she look anymore like Charlie!uh-oh that's scary. i've heard that all babies do for the first year...dating back to cave man times so that each father would know who his kid was!!!! HEHE! she's a cutie! LOVE YA - Casey

Rhonda said...

I agree with Casey she is Chuckie made over, but cuter! Try to get a happy face one of her...the scowl is awful. She is beautiful!

Daughter of the King said...

FYI...a lot of people are saying she looks like Peyton. But if she looks like her daddy...I am okay with that...I wouldn't have married him if I thought he was ugly :)