Monday, September 21, 2009

Oh being pregnant...

Oh being pregnant...what a joy it is to be a part...no...to be right smack dab in the middle of one of God's greatest miracles. If you know a lot, or even a little about me and my family, you know that God is in COMPLETE control of us having kids. So when this one came along...must I say faster than the first...we knew that it was in God's plan...as was the first. So to truly be in the middle of God's work is amazing, a blessing beyond belief...and I praise Him and thank Him everyday for the opportunity. BUT the human side of me says, "OMG...this little girl is something else!" I am experiencing pain in places I never knew could hurt. I think her and my stomach wrestle for position every time after I eat a meal and the meaning of bedtime means nothing to her. But I still love her and cannot wait to meet her (still debating on a name). So when you say your prayers today, tonight, whenever...please remember me and ask for the Lord to give me strength to make it through the next 3 1/2 months.

My hubby and I had a proud moment this weekend..but not because of us or our child...but the children we have taught. Now we are not huge razorback fans (I will be cheering on my Ags come October) but there are some kids on the football team who used to be ours. It was so great to see them perform at the college level when we remember them as scrawny (?) little high school boys. Congrats Ryan and Colby!

I had an insight this past week that I wanted to share with you. I was driving to meet the parents during all the rain and scattered storms. As I was getting ready to drive into one particular storm, it made me think. Immediately, I said to myself "Okay storm...here I come ready or not." What if it was like that with our life storms? What if God warned us when they were coming and we got to prepare for them? Well He doesn't and they come anyway. But we can be prepared for them. Having an intimate relationship with Him is the only way to be ready and to get through the storms. Am I where I need to be in my relationship with Him...do I spend time daily with Him...Do I hide His word in my heart? A few questions that I have to ask myself. Thank goodness my God is a loving, forgiving, merciful, and gracious God. But like every storm...there was sunshine on the other side...and praise God the storms of life are the same way!

A few funnies on kiddo #1...
Where to start? He has learned to say "fork" but it doesn't come out exactly right...rhymes with "puck". Needless to say we are earnestly trying to correct that! Started cheering and yelling "pom pom" the other night when the football cheerleaders came on TV. But the absolutely sweetest thing...he is into giving hugs to me and hubby and kissing sister (aka my belly). LOVE IT!

Hope you have a blessed week and remember when things get so busy we don't know what's going on...He always does!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Good insight sister:) Good post! Love you.

Rebecca said...

Amen! great post - i have recently developed an intense fear or anxiety about storms and i am going to use your new 'pep' talk-prayer

love you and will be praying