Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day Back

Yesterday was our first day back to school...without kiddos. They bombard us on Monday! And it was my kiddo's first day back to the babysitter. It wasn't too bad. We got him up, gave him his sippy of milk and he was ready to go...sunglasses on and everything! We get out of the car and he begins saying her name. So I am thinking this is going to be easy, right? Wrong. I tried to take the sunglasses off when we got inside...that wasn't happening. He started crying when I tried to leave. And then when I came to get him, he saw me through the window and started screaming like you had cut his toes off. But he made it through the day, as did mommy and daddy. Tough workload this year but they obviously have great confidence in me...I'm glad someone does cause I am freaking! Another day today...Lord, show me your way today in preparing for the students that You may be glorified and they will see YOU in me.

By the way, the sunglasses stayed on almost all day long. He was the kid from the movie Big Daddy with Adam Sandler...I guess he thought he would be invisible if he kept them on all day!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

too cute! too cool for school, right?

you will do great - and obviously Someone does have a lot of confidence in you, and He should know!

love you